Wednesday 10 October 2012

Hearts & Flowers

Hi I thought it was about time I pulled my finger out and posted on my blog lol, so you'll have to bear with me as I'm not very computer literate lol. My first card id like to share is one I did for a demonstration at a card class which is run by Susan at Crafty Nook which is in the Marketplace in Durham, right lets get on with the card.

*First of all I took a base card and using a blending tool I blended broken china all around the edges.

*Then I die cut a shape out of blue card, and with the next die shape down I cut a shape in white card.

*Now this technique is called the "Faux Leather Technique" you need a roll of masking tape ( the cheap stuff is the best) then all you do is tear the tape into bits and stick it to your card, now you can tear large or small bits its entirely up to you, I've done one in small sections which is the blue card and the brown one is in large sections.

*Then take your distress ink and blend over the masking tape and you'll notice the ink takes to the tape but even more so on the edges making it really stand out

*Next take your versamark or perfect medium and cover the whole of the masking tape, then pour over your clear embossing powder and heat with a heat tool.

* Then all I have done is die cut a heart coloured it with broken china distress ink and stamped a script stamp in the same colour ink over the top then I have gone around the edges of the heart to darken , I used 3D foam pads to give the heart some dimension. Next I die cut some leaves and coloured them with peeled paint distress ink,used flower punch coloured them with broken china then layered them up and used a white card candy and coloured that in broken china too, then used cosmic shimmer dries clear glue to stick the leaves and flowers to heart.

*Finally i die cut a label coloured that with broken china and over stamped with script stamp and then stamped happy birthday in jet black archival added card candy to each side used 3D foam pads to stick it down, and the card is finished.

Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day x x
Same card but the masking tape has larger pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment